I’m working with the new The San Francisco Cooking School which opened this Fall. It’s been enlightening to work with founder Jodi Liano helping create awareness for the school. Jodi has put assembled the largest selection of cooking classes — that’ll teach anyone, from a kitchen novice to a professional. I’m personally signed up for a ton of classes — and can’t wait to hone my skills, techniques and knowledge. Here’s my picks for some favorites below — but the full slate of classes are on the San Francisco Cooking School website.
- Global Cuisine Series. Hands-on exploration of the pantry, techniques, utensils and signature dishes of a specific global cuisines, including India, France and Vietnam.
- Make-and-Take. The DIY series where you make and take home, including Cookies, Pickling & Preserves and Dinner Prep
- Cook the Book. Celebrating some of the best local restaurants through their cookbooks. Ad Hoc at Home, Slanted Door, Modern Vietnamese Cooking, Kokkari, Contemporary Greek Flavors and SPQR.
- Some of our favorite chefs are teaching too: 4505 Meats Ryan Farr (Hog Butchery); Food writer and teacher Samin Nosrat (Tasting Workshop).
- Cookbook: Author Andrea Nguyen (Asian Dumplings; Homemade Tofu); Italian cooking teacher, Viola Buitoni (Essential Pasta Series); Author and teacher Tori Ritchie (Global Cuisine: Morocco).