Epicuring is looking for a few food-mad interns/or stage professionals to work with us on Epicuring and help us develop the content we feature on Epicuring.com, Food Haps & calendar, and help us build our community through social media and marketing.
Epicuring is a popular food calendar and “Food Haps” newsletter featuring hand-picked food events, classes and experiences for natives and visitors to the Bay Area. Founders Susie Wyshak and Laiko Bahrs are long time food professionals who launched Epicuring just over a year ago.
We’re looking for a few California-loving team members who are as passionate about food experiences as we are for these areas:
Content: research, writing and editing
- Can set up a streamlined process for managing content
- Enjoys and is skilled at writing, editing, and researching food and cultural events
- Can identify food stories and events which will engage interest for readers
- Quick on the Internet and ideally have a background using blogging systems and social media
- (ideally) can edit photos and is familiar with Flickr
- (ideally but not required) can film and edit short video pieces
Social Media: Engage and grow our community and online presence on @Epicuring, Instagram and Facebook
- Experienced with connecting interesting people, content & events around a common interest via social networks
- Is a pithy writer
- Gets a rush with great RT or tons of Likes
- Interested in developing strategy (with founders) for social media campaigns
- Understands and is passionate about marketing to a niche audience
- Is a creative out of the box thinker
- Is a strong writer
- Will work with Founders on event marketing campaigns
- Can be involved in reporting process
- Gets a rush from gaining new subscribers and readers
- (ideally) Has worked with an email subscription service like Mailchimp
WHERE AND WHEN
The positions are remote and ideally you are in the Bay Area. It is 10-15 hours per week, from May thru August.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
There will be a stipend paid at the end of the internship. Some of the perks will include attending culinary events and tastings. You’ll also have a chance to learn about travel and food industries; public relations; and online user experience. We will connect you to other opportunities through our vast network of food and tech contacts. (Of course ideally we’ll all keep working together!)
If this internship is in your interest range, make sure to join the Food Haps newsletter to read the latest post we sent out this week.
VIA Email to info (at) epicuring (dot) com
To apply, please include your resume, a bit about why Epicuring interests you, and tell us about 3 ways you learn about intriguing food experiences and events–and what you like and don’t like about them.